Done in unison with all of us.
I messed up twice :) - we can clarify in rehearsal.
I created the phrase by extracting words from the following:
For me it encapsulates up what all artists do. It places the passion and commitment of the artist as the value of their work, rather than a monetary value. It acknowledges that the commitment to one's life passion comes with many rewards, some of those beyond monetary. And that sometimes there is a monetary sacrifice, but, bottom line, what really matters?
The words selected were:
and
artists
are
single
driven
and
courageous
people
on
face
of
earth
deal
with
more
rejection
in
one
year
than
most
people
lifetime
the
of
a
the
of
who
get
own
never
I
G
N
O
R
E
After learning the phrase, I read the text while dancers danced the phrase. Their task was to find moments where the movement and the text seemed to particularly align for them. This required some metathinking! Be in the dance, be listening to the text, be aware of personal connection moments - and then remember! Dancers then created short personal phrases built from this experiment. Here is a start at layering the solos with the core material:
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.