Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Blend One: Sarah & Celeste Spring 2016

I posted on Facebook that I was in Atlanta and looking for friends to dance with.  No one was available, except Sarah - who is in Arizona.  So we decided to do Distance Dance process.  We each sent each other a "water" phrase.

Me (the one I created for the National Water dance) https://vimeo.com/147180079
Sarah https://vimeo.com/160618646

This is my first blend: https://vimeo.com/160908765
Process: I learned her phrase.  I reviewed my phrase.
I wrote down short descriptors for phrases within each phrase, sequentially.

My phrase:
- Reach back, "i" overhead to flex
- to "t" with first
- 2nd for "w"
- "T' with tent, jump
- repeat "t" but sequential
- present inside of right leg
-hand clasp rid of "e"
-write on thigh
-scoop water
-snowflake

Sarah's:
- creek trace
-plumb
- present wrist right trace to palm, circle, handclasp to heart
-right circle back hand to mouth, reach, hand to head, push, roll, reach back
-curl, cover, crouch, rock
-creek trace

Then I wrote a blend and posted it so I could see it, and followed the "directions" - but as I did so, I found myself making variations, etc because new "meaning" for their logic of how they fell together emerged.
 -Reach back, "i" overhead to flex
- creek trace
-to "t" with 1st
-plumb
-2nd for "w"
-present wrist right trace to palm, circle, handclasp to heart
-"t" with tent jump
-right circle back hand to mouth, reach, hand to head, push, roll, reach back
-repeat "t" but sequential, present inside of right leg
-curl, cover, crouch, rock
-hand clasp rid of "e", write on thigh
-creek trace
-snowflake

And now it feels like the opening of the new "Charmion" piece I am writing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.