Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Diving in: New Projects and how they Link

Projects, thoughts, connections: Introduction

  • I can't seem to let go of "Once Upon a Time Wolf"
    • Solo work: women, aging, myth of the wolf, wolf inside of us that is drifting away, drawing from "Little Red Riding Hood" themes, tropes, stories as a story that tries to keep the wildness/wilderness (wolf) away.  As metaphor for contemporary society that has gated itself off from wildness/wilderness, and found itself in a wasteland.  In "Once Upon a Time Wolf" the wolf ages into me, me into the wolf, as our salvation - which gives us the power to scoff.  Video from performance at Hollins University. I'm still working. https://vimeo.com/180781089  I am performing this solo at Cold Soup Dinner on October 15 in Atlanta.

My collaboration on this project began last month.  Next incarnation in an installation and performances Piedmont Arts, Martinsville, VA January 14, 2017 - February 25, 2017.


  • The "women at water's edge" with Dora Arreola and Andrea Assaf for Grinnell Dance Ensemble/ACTivate in the spring. No links yet.  Creative retreat with Dora and Andrea in Tampa later this month.  Ensemble rehearsals start February 2017.  Performances end of April 2017.


How do they all fit together?

I think I found the link: Anthropocene.
Here are some links fueling my thinking and making:

"Generation Anthropocene: How Humans have altered the planet for ever"
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/apr/01/generation-anthropocene-altered-planet-for-ever





"Diagrams for the Summoning of Wolves"
http://aeolian.bandcamp.com/album/diagrams-for-the-summoning-of-wolves



"Six Proposals for the Reform of literature in the Age of Climate Change"
http://criticalflame.org/six-proposals-for-the-reform-of-literature-in-the-age-of-climate-change/



And there are a slew of Podcasts from Natural Sciences: Generation Anthropocene available on iTunes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.