I haven't posted in awhile.
 |
| "Wolf" First draft, outdoors at Alternate ROOTS |
So excited to be partnering with Siobhan Foley and Kathleen Drohan for a HOUSE TOUR of "Once Upon a Time Wolf" for early Summer 2017. Synchronistic. Siobhan was at the Catapult performance in New Orleans, where I was in the realization that "Wolf" is 12 minutes. And that is what it is. And that the rest of the "evening" was to be conversation with the audience (those who showed up). Nick Slie worked with me in such support. We set up a long table, and butcher paper, and markers - and invited the audience to "doodle" as they watched. And from those doodlings the conversation unfolded. It was a beginning.... and Siobhan totally got it! And her friend Kathleen, though not there - gets it, too. And is now a partner! I think there are so many ways we can DISRUPT THE STATUS QUO by the simple act of re-thinking, re-imagining how we set up "performance" and the reason we do it.
 |
| Audience "doodlings" NOLA Oct 2016 |
 |
| Audience "doodging" NOLA October 2016 |
 |
| Audience "doodging" NOLA 2016 |
Meanwhile here in Grinnell I-O-WA have made the first foray into weekly ACT. We will meet on Friday mornings. No talking necessary. We show up, get on our cell phones, and (scripts in hand if needed) call our senators and congressmen and tell them what we want them to hear. It is about accountability. If I promise a group (just one more person is enough!) that I will show up and make that call (the most effective way to be heard) then it will happen. WE STAND TOGETHER. Saint's Rest Coffee House, Grinnell, I-O-WA Friday January 27 8:30AM.
THIS IS ALL CONNECTED!
And to check out my movement research during my leave, go to my VIMEO page. https://vimeo.com/home/myvideos
If there is ever a password it is usually: dancedance or dance2day
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.