On April 5th I got the "c" word. Cancer. Today is only May 7th. Well that's crazy. I also got tenure. I'm not going to go backwards and catch us all up. I just want to be in the most immediate.
Here's some fun: as I got a coffee from our local Grinnell coffee shop on my way out of town to begin the 2-day road trip with dog to Atlanta, I ran into another professor (retiring) and his wife. They asked, in the most friendly way, "So what are your summer plans? You always do the most interesting things!" What could I say, "Well, this summer I will be fighting cancer." Instead I lied and talked about the "Women at water's edge/Mujeres al filo del agua" project that I have had to put on hold, but I talked about it as if I would be doing it this summer. Lying.
 |
| Nana and Alexandra card games |
 |
| Nana's winning |
 |
| Schmoo doing the Schmoo thing |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.